1) To kick things off, could you tell us a little about your career background and current role?
Professionally, I have a background in B2B and B2C marketing. Prior to marketing, I was a musician, and always knew that my life would involve music in some way shape or form. I was in a progressive rock band called Dwellings in my early late teens and early 20s.
We struggled growing locally, which then led me to come to an “aha” moment and merge my professional life with my passion – marketing my music online. By applying the marketing tactics I was using for 6 and 7 figure ecommerce stores, my music project was not only 1) able to grow but 2) managed to chart Billboard with our debut album.
Shortly after that, I stepped down from the band, due to not being able to tour as extensively as the guys had wanted to, and because I did not want to hold them back.
Fast forward to now, and I started my own businesses, a marketing agency called simpl. and a data analytics tool called PromoteKit, and continue on with my mission that is empowering musicians with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed.
2) What does a day in your life look like for you? Can you take us through a recent workday?
A day in the life of Anthony consists of a lot of data analysis, Zoom calls, and coffee breaks. I start my days with meetings, just because it gives me the rest of the afternoon and evening to get work done.
Once my daily work is complete, I get into content creation mode, where I sit and write blog posts, plan out TikTok content for me to post; pretty much anything that has to do with content marketing for myself and my ventures.
3) Does your current role allow for flexible or remote working? If so, how does that fit into your life and routine?
I am grateful to have the opportunity to work remotely, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. As is, I am a very introverted person, and being able to work quietly and still have the flexibility of interacting with clients and coworkers in the comfort of my own home is a blessing.
4) What does work-life balance mean to you and how do you work to achieve that goal?
Work-life balance is extremely important, especially considering that I have my firstborn on the way. I have had a history of mental health struggles, and added stress from work can be draining. I try my best to not work every minute of every day, and still make time for my partner, my family, and friends.
5) In the past 12 months, have you started or stopped any routines or habits to change your life?
I have recently gotten into a ketogenic diet, and I am looking forward to continuing educating myself on the benefits, and overall feel better throughout my daily life.
6) Do you have any favourite books, podcasts or newsletters that you’d like to recommend?
I am a huge fan of the podcast called Marketing School by Neil Patel and Eric Siu. It’s a quick and easy way for anyone to brush up on their content marketing chops daily in less than 10 minutes.
7) Are there any products, gadgets or apps that you can’t live without?
I absolutely cannot live without ClickUp. It has become my whole life. Before I’d scramble between Trello, Asana, Slack, and so many other tools, and ClickUp has consolidated them all into one place.
8) If you could read an interview about work-life balance by anyone, who would that be?
I’d like to read an interview about work-life balance by Mark Zuckerberg, just because of how big the company is. I’d also love to learn how the different levels of chain in command are structured internally, and how information gets relayed to him.
9) Do you have any last thoughts on work, life or balance that you’d like to share with our readers?
Take care of your mental health, and put more of an emphasis on the life part of “work-life” balance.
Before you go…
If you’d like to sponsor or advertise with Balance the Grind, let’s talk here.
Join our community and never miss a conversation about work, life & balance – subscribe to our newsletter.