Kyle Bent is an independent hip hop artist, singer and songwriter, who first made his name in Boston as an unsigned artist.
He is currently signed to Denver-based label, Made in the Shade Records and went on to headline his own East Coast tour early in 2017.
1) To kick things off, could you tell us a little about your music career to date?
My music career to date has been a wild adventure, but has been rewarding with accolades, and self accomplishments. I’m glad with where I’ve ventured, and I have a stable discography to show for it.
2) What does a typical day in the life look like for you as an independent musician? Can you take us through a recent day?
My days are usually riddled with creativity, of some sort, or another. Often music focused; whether writing, or making a beat. I also just live a normal day-to-day life, learning and self-reflecting with each moment I have. This helps me to expand my own possibilities.
3) Do you have any tips, tricks or shortcuts to help you manage your workload and schedule?
Stretches, and attuning to my body-mind. Keeping an ordered work list to make sure I stay on point, and simply staying committed to getting through all that I need to.
4) In between your job, life and all your other responsibilities, how do you ensure you find some sort of balance in your life?
By staying true to heart, and what feels right. If I don’t check-in with myself, then I misrelate with what’s going on around me.
5) What does work life balance mean to you?
Staying aligned to your highest reality of what your work, as well as your life can offer you when combined, and mixed together. Staying on top of things.
6) What do you think are some of the best habits you’ve developed over the years to help you strive for success and balance?
Morning routines like stretching, and meditation. Also holding the right conversations.
7) Are there any books that have helped you improve over the years?
- You Need to Know About the Music Business by Donald S. Passman
- Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
- Nothing in This Book Is True, But It’s Exactly How Things Are by Bob Frissell
8) What is the number one thing you do to make sure you get the most out of your day?
Don’t stop until I feel fully satisfied with what I’ve accomplished.
9) Do you have any last thoughts on work, life or balance that you’d like to share with our readers?
Continue educating, never stop striving for what can be. Stay self-medicated, and give your self ease of space, and explore meditation.
Before you go…
If you’d like to sponsor or advertise with Balance the Grind, let’s talk here.
If you’d like to have a conversation with us about how you balance the grind, get in touch with us.
If you never want to miss one of our conversations about work, life & balance, subscribe to our newsletter.