Danielle Weber is a Melbourne-based artist and muralist, whose work on actors, sports legends and iconic figures have been commissioned around the world.
1) To kick things off, could you tell us a little about your career background and current role?
I am a full-time artist and muralist in which my work then extends to prints, puzzles, apparel and more. I have always loved and embraced creativity and art and have been painting consistently for about 10 years.
My extensive range of murals and canvases grace the walls of restaurants, private homes, cafes, shop fronts, gyms, dance studios and external walls. My work has extended to Hollywood actors, Olympians, sports stars and leading business personalities. I have been commissioned by clients all over the world and create works which span from realism to abstract pieces.
2) What does a day in the life look like for you? Can you take us through a recent workday?
If I don’t have a morning workout scheduled in (weights training), when I wake up I will meditate for 5-10 minutes. Depending on my schedule, often I will write down or mentally note three things I am grateful for, step outside for some fresh air or go for a walk.
If I’m working on murals or large projects, it’s usually a 5.30 or 6am wake up, breakfast and a tea on the way in preparation for a 10 hour or often 12-14 hour day!
3) Does your current role allow for flexible or remote working? If so, how does that fit into your life and routine?
Yes it generally does! If I’m out on a jobsite (a mural) then this is a set location for a period of time. However, if I’m working on designs and studio work or smaller scale pieces I can work anywhere.
Flexible working is great as I feel like I have more time to get on top of book work, work out and plan my upcoming schedule. Regarding my routine, to stay organised and productive I write daily lists and goals! I ensure I’m fuelling my body with healthy, nutritious food.
4) What does work-life balance mean to you and how do you work to achieve that goal?
I burnt out about 4 years ago so learnt that adequate rest and a balanced lifestyle is the key to staying productive and maintaining momentum/consistency.
Work-life balance means working hard, but enjoying time with family and friends. Making health and fitness a priority and allowing time for myself when needed. I set goals and only reward myself (with a movie or a day off) if I have achieved my goals.
5) In the past 12 months, have you started or stopped any routines or habits to change your life?
I have started reading books and started drinking a lot more water. I have stopped checking my emails first thing in the morning
6) Do you have any favourite books, podcasts or newsletters that you’d like to recommend?
Love listening to Joe Rogan’s podcasts! Such an incredible variety of people who have walked different paths of life. Also love listening to anything about mindset, creativity, etc.
7) Are there any products, gadgets or apps that you can’t live without?
My whiteboard and my calendar and my to-do list on my phone
8) If you could read an interview about work-life balance by anyone, who would that be?
9) Do you have any last thoughts on work, life or balance that you’d like to share with our readers?
Without discipline there is no freedom. The hard work you put in will enable you to embrace a balanced lifestyle and feel more fulfilled.
Before you go…
If you’d like to sponsor or advertise with Balance the Grind, let’s talk here.
Join our community and never miss a conversation about work, life & balance – subscribe to our newsletter.